Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1995)

Subject: clarification
From: dattier @ wwa . com (David W. Tamkin)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 21:50:39 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

I said this:

| When digest subscribers to my lists misconfigure their autorepliers I tweak
| the list routines to prevent their blurbs from going out.  If they're on
| the reflector distribution and sending their autoresponses to the authors,
| I switch them to digest so that they will stop annoying the other members
| and make note that they are not allowed EVER to return to the reflector.

Someone has ridiculed me in private email for "banishing" (as he put it)
people from a list for misconfiguring and autoreplier.  I do *not* kick
them off.

I move them to the digest distribution so that I'm the only person who
receives their autoresponses.  Their subscriptions have to stay in digest
mode as long as they're on the list.

If they were on the digest distribution already, I just make sure that their
autoresponses don't go out to the other members.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Marie Franco's diligence