Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1995)

Subject: Re: have you seen this
From: dattier @ wwa . com (David W. Tamkin)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 21:28:50 -0500 (CDT)
To: chip @ unicom . com (Chip Rosenthal)
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

| This appeared in the -request mbox for a musical list I run.
| Has anybody else seen this?

Probably everybody else.  The -request addresses for the two lists I run
(Party of Five and Toyota Corolla) each got one.  These people seemed to
think either that writing to every list's administrative address would reach
every member of every mailing list or that people running mailing lists had
lots of extra hardware to give away [including paying for shipping].  The
purpose of the list didn't matter to them in the least.