Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1995)

From: Benjamin Holz <t-benho @ microsoft . com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 95 11:08:32 TZ
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry if this information is available in a FAQ somewhere. I've
looked in every conceivable place and couldn't find this information.

What I'm looking for is the statistics for mailing list management
(mlm) software. This is the info in particular that I'm looking for:

1. What percentage of mailing lists out there are managed by mlm
software as opposed to manual
operation?

2. What is the breakdown of usage for mlm software? ie. ListServ %60,
Majordomo %30, etc.

3. Is there any breakdown of the popularity of mailing lists? i.e.
windsurf-l 894 members, msmail-l 300 members

I would greatly appreciate any information or ideas for finding this
information.

Thanks,

Ben Holz.
t-benho @
 microsoft .
 com

Indexed By Date Previous: Unrecognized recipient in message