Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1995)

From: Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer <info-labview-request @ pica . army . mil>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 95 9:00:32 EDT
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Eric Thomas <ERIC @
 searn .
 sunet .
 se> wrote:
>Benjamin Holz <t-benho @
 microsoft .
 com> said:
>>1.  What percentage  of  mailing  lists out  there  are  managed by  mlm
>>software as opposed to manual operation?
>
>Nowadays  my guess  is that  very  few lists  over say  20-50 people  are
>managed manually.  But since it's  nearly impossible to count  the manual
>lists (most of them aren't advertised outside a small circle), statistics
>can't be made.

That's an interesting assertion.

Anyone interested in doing a straw poll on this? Send me a note (put SURVEY
in the subject) telling me how you admin your list including the MLM you
use, if any, and what the number of subscribers is.

I'll collect answers for a week or so (make that 2 weeks, I'll be out
riding motorcycles at Watkins Glen next week:-}) and then post a summary.

Results will have the usual caveats attached...

                  Tom Coradeschi, Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer
                      <info-labview-request @
 pica .
 army .
 mil>