Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1995)

From: Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer <info-labview-request @ pica . army . mil>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 95 11:30:51 EDT
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Eric Thomas <ERIC @
 searn .
 sunet .
 se> wrote:
>Info-LabVIEW  List   Maintainer <info-labview-request @
 pica .
 army .
 mil> said:
>>Anyone interested  in doing a  straw poll on this?  Send me a  note (put
>>SURVEY in the subject) telling me  how you admin your list including the
>>MLM you use, if any, and what the number of subscribers is.
>
>Excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but this is a list for people who
>use mailing list managers.

Sorry, Eric: You're wrong. It's for people who run mailing lists. Automated
or otherwise.

>ratio  of Majordomo  to  say  ListProc questions  posted  to the  list...

Should be the same, actually. Zero to zero equals zero.

>Actually I  think the ratio of  Majordomo to LISTSERV questions  is still
>infinite ;-)

:-}

>a large  list whose membership can  be reasonably considered to  span all
>sorts of backgrounds and cultures (say a list like TOPTEN which all sorts
>of people subscribe to), and ask them if they're subscribed to lists, and
>how many, and how they're maintained.  TOPTEN isn't a good example though
>because the list of subscribers isn't public, but you get the idea.

I disagree. But that's OK.

                  Tom Coradeschi, Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer
                      <info-labview-request @
 pica .
 army .
 mil>
          http://k-whiner.pica.army.mil/info-labview/info-labview.html

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Mailing list Manager statistics