Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1995)

From: sds @ jazzie . com (Sean Shapira)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 15:44:01 -0700 (PDT)
To: kjetilho @ ifi . uio . no (Kjetil Torgrim Homme)
Cc: ERIC @ SEARN . SUNET . SE, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Kjetil wrote:
> Well, at least we can test [the] assertion: that very few lists with
> more than 50 subscribers are run manually.

I'm fascinated by the subject of manually run lists.  Just last
night I reluctantly converted a pet list of mine (with 64 recipients)
from manual to majordomo administration, which gave me cause to think
about list management in general.

I wonder first what others mean when they write that a list is
"run manually".  Is that a list where administrative requests
are handled manually, or one where message distribution requires
human intervention?

Or are people using "run manually" as a synonym for "administered
manually?"

--
Sean Shapira         sds @
 jazzie .