Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1995)

Subject: Re: Windows listserver Software
From: Eric Thomas <ERIC @ SEARN . SUNET . SE>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 22:11:52 +0200
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com, Sanwar Ali <sanwar @ bclimser . demon . co . uk>

On Wed, 28 Jun 1995 19:52:27 GMT Sanwar Ali <sanwar @
 bclimser .
 demon .
 co .
 uk>
said:

>I wondered whether anybody had heard  of any good software for running a
>mailing list  on Windows. I run  the Winsock applications from  my Demon
>Account. Otherwise  perhaps I  should forget  about DOS/Windows?  I have
>downloaded the Smoflist DOS package by Tim Illingworth.

LISTSERV is available for Windows NT and has been ported to Windows 95 as
well. It won't run under 3.1 because  of the 16-bit limitation. I did try
to run it under Win32s when that came  out (ie 1.0), but I got an instant
GPF :-) Maybe they  have fixed that in the current  version of Win32s but
with Win95 a  couple months away and given the  restrictions you get when
the host is limited to 8+3, it  just isn't worth the effort. Anyway there
are evaluation kits on FTP.LSOFT.COM, CD LISTSERV\WINDOWS.

  Eric

Indexed By Date Previous: Windows listserver Software