Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1995)

From: Benjamin Holz <t-benho @ microsoft . com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 95 16:37:29 TZ
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all the responses to the statistics message I sent a couple
of days ago. I have another question concerning what I guess to
essentially be circular references. This is what I would like to achieve:

"Link" a local mailing list to an external mailing list (i.e.  receive
and send messages)

I figured this would be as easy as placing the address of my local list
on the external list however this would result in the same message
being constantly sent back and forth. How is the accomplished? Do you
need to count on the mailing list software to know about circular
references? Or do local lists just receive messages from the external
lists and don't post messages to the external list?

Here are the options I came up with:
1. Put local list on external list and post all messages for both lists
to the external list. (But then of course you have two addresses for
your list (one local and one external)
2. Put local list on external list but don't put external list on local
list. (But then local messages aren't transmitted to external list).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben Holz.
t-benho @
 microsoft .
 com

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Re: Mailing list Manager statistics