Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1995)

From: Chris Chiapusio <chipper @ chipsworld . bridge . net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 15:22:49 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

oaky, next question.

I'm currently connected to UUNET also, How do i configure my mailoing
lists to respond in this manner, and do i need UUNET's permission?

and can i get a copy of your auto-responder? ;)

does anyone know where i can get a 'mail-bot' to help me sort my mail

chipperz

> It's a 66MHz 486 box running BSDI 1.1; I've got 32MB of RAM and about 2GB
> of disk.  The only special thing about the configuration that facilitates
> the management of such a large list is in how I have email set up.  I've
> got Sendmail configured so that all of our outgoing mail goes out via UUNET
> (our Internet service provider), rather than us attempting to deliver it
> directly.  This means that, when a message is distributed to Firewalls,
> instead of trying to send several thousand copies to one or two recipients
> each, I send one copy to UUNET with several thousand recipients.  UUNET
> then clones the message as necessary to distribute it to the thousands of
> recipients.
>

> -Brent

Christopher John Chiapusio                                          BridgeNet
Network Administrator                                100 South Biscayne Blvd.
chipper @
 bridge .
 net                                            Miami, FL 33131
aka Electric Asp (EA)                                            305.374.3031

GCM d--- H+ s+:-- g- p1 au+ a- w+ v-(?*) C+++ UL++++$ P++$>+++ L++$ 3E----
N++ K- W--- M--- !V po Y+ t+ 5 !j R G? tv-- b+ D+ B--- e* u* h(-*) f r !n y++