From: Stephanie da Silva <arielle @ bonkers . taronga . com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 01:17:32 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Keith Moore:

[Decided to clean out my mailbox here]

> Maybe you could put a note in your list of lists to the effect that
> one should only post messages that were on topic, and that one should
> NEVER send the same message to all lists.  At least the honest people
> would know better then.

I have been meaning to write a FAQ for months now to post to
news.announce.newusers and have just never gotten around to it.  Too
many other projects going on (several which I've decided to shut down,
like most of my newsreading) and I always shuffled it to the backburner.

In it I plan to describe what mailing lists are, moderated vs. open,
manual vs. managed with a listserver, the most common flavours of
listservers, how to subscribe and unsubscribe, how to contact the list
manager and a brief rundown of list etiquette.

Woo, a bit more complex than it sounds on the surface.  I'll get to it
one of these days.

Indexed By Date Previous: re: Architext