Subject: Re: Appending "Reply-To" in Outgoing Mails
From: Muhammad Salman Mughal <salman @ earth . sparco . com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 20:58:45 -0500 (CDT)
To: salman @ earth . sparco . com (Muhammad Salman Mughal)
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

: : 	This strikes me as a bad thing to do.   Here are my reasons:
: :
:
: [ snipped ]
:
: : 	I am curious what people think of this.
: :
: : Soren Dayton
:
:   Sometimes, you really don't care who is sending the mail, you just
: want the replies to be distributed to the members.  This kinda situation
: is most likly to arise in a mailing list which is considerably small and
: you know the emails of all the members.  By small I mean, around 10-20
: members.  You just cann't, rather don't wanna, type everyone's email in
: the CC: section.  This is ofcouse what I think why there is a need for
: overwriting a "Reply-To:" tag :-)

I know you can include the listname email address in CC section, but I think
it would be neat to just do a "reply" and start typing your comments :-)

--
Salman Mughal		Computer Science	Mississippi State University
Email: msm6 @