Subject: Re: Appending "Reply-To" in Outgoing Mails
From: Muhammad Salman Mughal <salman @ earth . sparco . com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 21:19:32 -0500 (CDT)
To: chip @ unicom . com (Chip Rosenthal)
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

:
: Muhammad Salman Mughal writes:
: > You just cann't, rather don't wanna, type everyone's email in
: > the CC: section.  This is ofcouse what I think why there is a need for
: > overwriting a "Reply-To:" tag :-)
:
: It would greatly behoove you to invest that time in reading the docs
: for your mail user agent (Elm as I see from the X-Mailer header)
: instead of hacking code.  I'd start at the G)roup-reply command.

I guess I was a little too obscure while stating my reasons for overriding
the default "Reply-To:" tag.  I simply think that "sometimes" there is no
need to directly reply to the sender.  All you want is that the reply
should go back to the mailing list.  Moreover, if you know the person who
is sending the mail, you could always do a "forward" to his/her email
address if you want to send a private note.

Regards,
--
Salman Mughal		Computer Science	Mississippi State University
Email: msm6 @