Subject: Appending "Reply-To" in Outgoing Mails
From: Ernie Longmire <elongmi @ basis . com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 08:31:46 -0600 (MDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

> : # reply_to           [word] () <resend,digest>
> : # Put a reply-to header with value <value> into the outgoin message.
> : # If the token $SENDER is used, then the address of the sender is used
> : # as the value of the reply-to header. This is the value of the reply-
> : # to header for digest lists.
> : reply_to          =
>
> As you can see, it's for "digest lists".

Majordomo's "reply_to" setting applies to *all* lists; I use it to force
replies to the list on my lists.  The wording in the config file is
extremely unclear and misleading.  (The "how to do this under majordomo"
aspects of this discussion belong on the majordomo-users list, not here.)

--
Ernie Longmire (elongmi @
 basis .

Indexed By Date Previous: Preventing Mail Loops, Other