Subject: Re: Not spam, but an abuse of net resources nonetheless.
From: meo @ schoneal . com (Miles O'Neal)
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 1995 21:33:08 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Michelle Dick said...

|I'm in the process of rewriting the FAQ for a newsgroup and am putting
|in netiquette guides (such as "advertisements are generally considered
|unwelcome in this group"), this example makes me think it wise to put
|in blurb about the above cited example of off-topic posting before it
|truely becomes a problem.

I agree wholeheartedly.

|If someone who is bounced from a list *really* wants back on, they
|will find a way to contact the list-owner.  Happens to me all the
|time.

Ditto again.  If they are clueful enough to get news, they are clueful
enough to find their way back.  If not, well, maybe they aren't ready
for the net yet.  I hate to be snotty about that, but it's kind of like
I feel about drivers.  If they can't figure out how to get in the proper
lane ahead of time for a turn, they don't belong on the road.

-Miles

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Abuse of newsgroup space by a mailing list manager. (fwd)