Subject: ListProcessor 6.0a
From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho @ ifi . uio . no>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 09:52:06 +0200
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Behold these headers from a list I just joined: (sans Received-by)

|   From xforms @
 imageek .
 york .
 cuny .
 edu  Mon Aug 21 09:42:01 1995
|   Date: Sun, 20 Aug 1995 22:06:34 -0400
 imageek .
 york .
 cuny .
 edu
|   Originator: xforms @
 imageek .
 york .
 cuny .
 edu
|   Sender: xforms @
 imageek .
 york .
 cuny .
 edu
|   From: Markus Korth <markus @
 skeletor .
 ruhr .
 sub .
 org>
|   To: kjetilho @
 ifi .
 uio .
 no
|   Subject: Read Colormap

The envelope is wrong, Return-Path is wrong, Reply-To is munged, To is
wrong. If Errors-To isn't heeded[1], bounces will go to
the list!

Before I ask the List manager to get this fixed, I'd like to know if
ListProcessor 6.0a can be configured to behave, or if he must install
new software.

Another thing about ListProcessor is that it thinks envelope address
is God, and refuses to add addresses other than what appears in the
envelope, and refuses submissions which has an envelope address
different from the subscription address. It isn't _wrong_ to do so,
this is merely a small nuisance.

Kjetil T.

[1] I can only find mention of it tht keyword in rfc-1035, which isn't
    about e-mail.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Abuse of newsgroup space by a mailing list manager. (fwd)