From: Mathias . Koerber @ swi . com . sg (Mathias Koerber)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 21:46:37 +0800 (SST)
To: schauer @ darmstadt-22sig . army . mil (CPT Larry J. Schauer)
Cc: jgeorge @ nbi . com, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Disclaimer: My company pays me to work, not speak for them. So there !

According to CPT Larry J. Schauer

[ the usual problem on what to do with bounces ... lots of discussion ]

WOuld it help if a mailing list kept a *second* email address per user,
where bounce messages could be sent? Like

"Give us the email address of a friend in another company/town/region
who we can contact if mail to you bounces"

people can then make reciprocal agreements to give each other's
addresses and have a backup.

mathias

--
Mathias Koerber at SWi                                 Tel: +65 / 7780066 x 29
14 Science Park Drive                                       Fax: +65 / 7779401
#04-01 The Maxwell                           email: Mathias .
 Koerber @
 SWi .
 com .
 sg
Singapore Science Park
S'pore 0511         <A HREF=http://www.SWi.com.sg/~mathias/mathias.html>MK</A>
* Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft,  die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft *

From: Joe George <jgeorge @ nbi . com>
Next: Re: Waste of Usenet
From: DWalheim @ aol . com
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: Abuse of newsgroup space by a mailing list manager. (fwd)
From: "CPT Larry J. Schauer" <schauer @ darmstadt-22sig . army . mil>
Next: Re: Abuse of newsgroup space by a mailing list manager. (fwd)
From: Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer <info-labview-request @ pica . army . mil>