Subject: Re: not spam, and not net abuse either.
From: bourbeau @ kenmoto1 . iii . net (Ken Bourbeau)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 13:26:49 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

 Joe George <jgeorge @
 nbi .
 com> still doesn't get it:

>> If every list manager felt this way, the newsgroups would be very quickly
>> filled with "your mail is bouncing" messages ad infinitum.
>
>True. But they're not. Nor is there any indication that this is going to
>happen, and until then I will not allow the list managers on this list (and
>the budding net.police on n.a.n-a.m) to allow me to be labelled as a "net
>abuser".
>If this EVER even BEGINS to appear to be a problem on ANY newsgroup I am
>aware of, we will find a different course of action for our mailing lists.

It is not a problem at present because there are not
many other list managers as cavalier as you are. Your rational
here is truly beautiful:

        "Since others are behaving correctly, my misbehavior is acceptable.
If others begin to misbehave in the manner that I do, then I'll cease
my misbehavior."

>Again, I reiterate though, that such a posting will never again be
>made in your pet newsgroup, rec.crafts.textiles.sewing. If this is
>the abuse and the harrassment I have to put up with over one posting,
>then you can just forget about it.

Mission accomplished!! You agree to cease the offensive conduct.

>I will, however, continue this policy in the other newsgroups
>where these postings have been made and well-received.

Have they been "well received" or simply ignored? I doubt you received
any "thank you for posting that off topic personal message
to group XYZ" messages.

>I do hope we can see an end to this ordeal soon. I am continually
>amazed at the quantity of time and resources that have been expended
>on trashing me and my systems on this list and on the newsgroups.

Unfortunately, you perpetuate it by proving to us that only
if massive pressure is brought to bear will you change your
conduct. You seem not to care that there have been NO other
postings to this list supporting your position. The only possible
hope for the net (usenet in particular) to remain somewhat useful
is for us to police ourselves and our behavior and bring pressure
to bear on those, like you, who refuse to behave unless harrassed.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: not spam, and not net abuse either.