Subject: And on to something else... (was re: not spam, and not...)
From: close @ lunch . engr . sgi . com (Diane Barlow Close)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 11:02:30 -0700 (PDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Ken Bourbeau wrote:
>  Joe George <jgeorge @
 nbi .
 com> still doesn't get it:
> >Again, I reiterate though, that such a posting will never again be
> >made in your pet newsgroup, rec.crafts.textiles.sewing.
>
> Mission accomplished!! You agree to cease the offensive conduct.

Yup!  The people in other newsgroups he "hits" can deal with it at that
time.  He's obviously not going to change his mind.  So let's move on.

Are there any good guidelines for the mentioning or advertising of one
mailing list on another?

I'm usually pretty free and loose with this on my lists, allowing
members to post whatever they feel is relevant and interesting, including
pointers to other lists.  My dilemma is this: one of my lists changed
to a book review only list, where all that's supposed to be submitted
are reviews of books.  One of the list members also runs a "book of the
month" review list where the members review and discuss a set list of
titles during that particular month.  Previously, he was allowed to
advertise his list and the upcoming suggested titles on my list (back
when were were a full discussion list).  He recently approached me
to ask if he could continue to advertise in this manner on my list.
Now that we're supposed to be a review list, I'm not sure what to do.

I realize that this is a minor issue, and that I could just make an
arbitrarly ruling, but I'm trying to set up a consistent policy here,
so I'd like some input from others about what they'd do.  I'd be happy
to summarize the ultimate outcome to the list, if respondents would like
to write me via private e-mail only.  Thanks!
--
Diane Close
   close @