Subject: errors generating Mime messages
From: Gary Frederick <ggf @ jsoft . com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 95 06:25:10 -0500
To: List-Managers @ greatcircle . com

I just got done hacking on several Mime messages.  I had two problems.

One was that a system was sending error messages about mail to a user they removed.  They had been generating error messages for 6 days before I got 188K of Mime messages that I could not read.

Where do errors from Postmaster go?
Is the Errors-to: header ignored?
Do errors go to the From address?

The second problem was from the NEW! AOL mailer.  I think my Mime reader was having problems with quoted-printable text.  I have received quoted-printable in the past, and may have hit a limit because the message was large.  I fixed it by editing it 'by hand'.  sigh

AOL is trying to make us list managers happy (thanks!).  Perhaps a heads up message before a major change would help?

Gary
Gary .
 Frederick @
 jsoft .