Subject: Confused AOL Users
From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo @ swcp . com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 16:35:03 -0600 (MDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com (lm)

> If your digest is routinely larger than 25k, it will arrive in the AOL member
> mailbox as an attachment, rather than a single file or (as previously)
> several chunks. If the AOL member tries to open the attachment using the AOL
> software (or a text editor which uses the standard Windows or Mac text
> tools), they will not see the entire message -- it will either not be
> displayed or will be cut off at about 31k, depending on the application being
> used.

I'm afraid I'm with Ken on this one -- forcing incoming messages into a
format that your software can't even read properly is a very very foolish
policy.  I doubt you're the person who instigated it, David, but I've got
to ask that you do whatever you can get this policy changed.  (It *was* only
intended as a temporary patch for some other situation, wasn't it?)

--
::: Lazlo (lazlo @
 swcp .

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Confused AOL Users