Subject: Re: Confused AOL Management
From: meo @ schoneal . com (Miles O'Neal)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 18:18:40 -0500 (CDT)
To: bourbeau @ kenmoto1 . iii . net (Ken Bourbeau)
Cc: PMDAtropos @ aol . com, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Ken Bourbeau said...

|Sounds like a pretty foolish thing you folks have done. You implement
|mime attachments knowing full well your own software will not
|open the message. As an AOL user (kenmoto), I am very concerned about
|this lack of planning and ask that you reverse this change until
|your own software is capable of opening the item.

Not to reinforce stereotypes or cast aspersions,
but this sort of silliness (not Ken's note, but
what he responded to) is a lot of why AOL still
doesn't have a real good name on the Internet.

Think things through.

Consider the realworld implications on your users.

How do others do it?  [Don't get trapped in NIH Syendrome.]

-Miles