Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1995)

From: close @ lunch . engr . sgi . com (Diane Barlow Close)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 21:12:59 -0800 (PST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

I got six of these.  It appears that Kyle Hsieh-Chen
<weichen @
 chaph .
 usc .
 edu> is getting mass-subscribed to a LOT of mailing
lists without his knowledge by Roger Carasso <rdc @
 carasso .
 com> or
someone pretending to be Roger Carasso.  The requests I got appear to
be forged in Kyle's name, as only the SYSLOG showed they actually came
from rdc @
 carasso .
 com .
   It was the bad formatting of the request that
caused Majordomo to trap it and send it to me for further examination (the
mailing address wasn't separated from the name by any punctuation or
brackets).
--
Diane Close
   close @

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Response from ixc.net (magazine spam)