Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1995)

From: "Henry W. Miller" <henrym @ sacto . mp . usbr . gov>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 1995 23:16:53 PST
To: close @ lunch . engr . sgi . com
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com, henrym @ sacto . mp . usbr . gov

> From:	MX%"close @
 lunch .
 engr .
 sgi .
 com"  6-NOV-1995 21:35:15.68
> Subj:	Subscription Forgery Alert

> I got six of these.  It appears that Kyle Hsieh-Chen
> <weichen @
 chaph .
 usc .
 edu> is getting mass-subscribed to a LOT of mailing
> lists without his knowledge by Roger Carasso <rdc @
 carasso .
 com> or
> someone pretending to be Roger Carasso.  The requests I got appear to
> be forged in Kyle's name, as only the SYSLOG showed they actually came
> from rdc @
 carasso .
 com .
   It was the bad formatting of the request that
> caused Majordomo to trap it and send it to me for further examination (the
> mailing address wasn't separated from the name by any punctuation or
> brackets).
> --
> Diane Close
>    close @
 lunch .
 engr .
 sgi .
 com
>    I'm at lunch all day. :-)

Diane,

	Thanks for the heads-up.  Since it appears that Carasso "owns"
carasso.com, have you notified his ISP?

-HWM

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Subscription Forgery Alert