Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1995)

From: jms @ tardis . Tymnet . COM (Joe Smith)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 17:11:39 -0800 (PST)
To: close @ lunch . engr . sgi . com (Diane Barlow Close)
Cc: henrym @ sacto . mp . usbr . gov, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Diane Barlow Close

> Henry W. Miller <henrym @
 sacto .
 mp .
 usbr .
 gov> wrote:
> > > I got six of these.  It appears that Kyle Hsieh-Chen
> > > <weichen @
 chaph .
 usc .
 edu> is getting mass-subscribed to a LOT of mailing
> > > lists without his knowledge by Roger Carasso <rdc @
 carasso .
 com> or

> > 	Thanks for the heads-up.  Since it appears that Carasso "owns"
> > carasso.com, have you notified his ISP?
>
> I did an nslookup, but couldn't figure out what his ISP was.

Use 'whois' to determine the ISP:

	whois carasso.com
	Carasso Design (CARASSO-DOM)
	   101 Rowland Way Suite 310
	   Novato, CA 94945
	Domain Name: CARASSO.COM
	Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
	  Carasso, Roger  (RC237)  info @
 CARASSO .
 COM
	       +1 415 388 7333
	Domain servers in listed order:
	  NS.BEST.COM                  204.156.128.1

I recognize that name server.  Its the same one I use for inwap.com.

	finger carasso @
 shellx .
 best .
 com
	[shellx.best.com]
	Login name: rdc                   In real life: Roger David Carasso
	Office: NET.GOD, 213.931.3363     Home phone: 213.931.3363
	No Plan.

That explains the mail to lists @
 shellx .
 best .
 com that was reported.

I had two idiots try to subscribe to all four of my lists via
majordomo @
 lists .
 best .
 com before I made them all be private lists.

--
Joe Smith        MCI Data Services Div, Systems Tech Support (TYMNET Code Gen)
<jms @