Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1995)

Subject: Re: Where to complain (was Carasso.com's ISP)
From: close @ lunch . engr . sgi . com (Diane Barlow Close)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 21:18:19 -0800 (PST)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Miles <meo @
 schoneal .
 com>  wrote:
> wildride:meo[116]>whois 204.156.144
> [rs.internic.net]
> Best Internet Communications, Inc. (NET-BEST2-156-144)
>    421 Castro Street
>    Mountain View, CA 94040

Wow, that's local to me!  Thanks for the info.  I figured since I'm local
I'd phone them directly about this.  I talked to their head guru, who
wasn't aware of the situation as they ignore postmaster e-mail ("cause it
fills up with bounces").  He said if anyone wants to complain, send it to:

   abuse @
 best .
 com

They've set up that address to deal with abuse complaints.  He wasn't very
competent at tracing down carasso.com (he claimed he kept getting "no such
address"), but I pressed him on it and gave him a bunch of info and he
said he'd look into it and get back to me.  We'll see...  Perhaps that's
just what he's like without coffee! :-)
--
Diane Close
   close @