Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1995)

From: Brent @ GreatCircle . COM (Brent Chapman)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 14:04:40 +0100
To: paulh @ imc . org (Paul Hoffman), list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 1:36 PM 11/12/95, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>At 2:17 AM 11/12/95, Brent Chapman wrote:
>
>>All of our lists got hit by this as well.
>> . . .
>
>So, Brent, is this a good time to ask when there might be a version of
>Majordomo that lets the administrator turn off "lists" and "who"? I've
>hacked in my own that turns them off for the whole site, but would
>certainly prefer to have a supported version, maybe even one that lets me
>do it on a list-by-list basis.

As it says in the "Brent FAQ" (the 3-page auto-response everyone gets when
the send me email :-)

    If you have suggestions or requests for new features for Majordomo,
    you should send them to the Majordomo-Workers @
 GreatCircle .
 COM mailing
    list.

    I no longer play an active role in the development and support of
    Majordomo, though GreatCircle.COM is still the official "home" of
    Majordomo, and thus plays host to the Majordomo-related mailing
    lists and master anonymous FTP archive.  The lead developer of
    Majordomo these days is Chan Wilson <cwilson @
 neu .
 sgi .
 com>.

-Brent

--
Brent Chapman         | Great Circle Associates  | For Firewalls Tutorial info:
Brent @

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Bulk Forged Subscriptions