Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1995)

Subject: Spam Alert (IBB Invitation)
From: Dave Del Torto <postmaster @ lsd . com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 15:54:24 -0800
To: List Managers List <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>
Cc: postmaster @ winternet . net, postmaster @ netcom . com, postmaster @ ibb . com, ibbcom @ ibb . com

Friends, Roamin's, Postmasters,

List managers can getRegExp on "ibb.com" to weed this bogatudinaciously
annoying "invitational bonus" spam and everything else from that domain out
of their list mail.

I guess NOW we need a "_Better_ Internet Business Bureau" to watch out for
(l)users like these "IBB" guys, eh? For now, I say remove 'em
indiscriminately from your domain until they learn.

................................. cut here ................................

Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 11:56:09 GMT
From: invite @
 ibb .
 com (IBB Invitation)
Subject: FREE WEB PAGE INVITATION

            _____________________
             BY INVITATION ONLY             Please read carefully
              DO NOT DISCARD!!!

FREE WEB PAGE!
FREE WEB SITE!
FREE "BUSINESS  CREDIT REPORT"!

You're invited to become a member of The Internet Business Bureau.  As a
member you'll receive a full 6 months in our "Internet Incubator Program"!
You'll get a full color home page including all HTML programming of links,
messages, scanning as well as unlimited e-mail delivery of orders.

Your Worldwide Web address and web site becomes "active" the day your
membership is approved!  Our mall location receives over 40,000 visitors a
day!!!  We're also listed on major search engines all over the Internet.

You'll also receive a free copy of the "The Business Credit Report", learn
how get instant credit for stationary, office supplies as well as how to get
business bank loans and business  charge cards!

YOU MUST CALL WITHIN THE NEXT 48 HOURS TO KEEP YOUR INVITATIONAL
STATUS ACTIVE! CALL TOLL FREE 1-800-952-6435 OR (909) 941-3411
                   MON-SAT 8:00AM 6:00PM (PST).

              INVITATIONAL CONTROL CODE IBB 7117-768
   Please have this notice handy when calling so your invitation control
code can be verified.
48 HOURS ONLY --- Invitational Bonus!!! Get FREE Internet Access on the IBB
Network, includes Netscape Navigator , Eudora E-mail and FTP services.
THIS IS A SPECIAL INVITATION AND DEMAND ON THE INCUBATOR PROGRAM IS HEAVY.
IF LINES ARE BUSY , PLEASE TRY AGAIN OR FAX US SO AN EXTENSION CAN BE GRANTED.

WARNING: There will be no further attempt to reach you regarding this
matter.  Your cooperation is vital. Only those notified by  electronic mail
are eligible.  The IBB reserves the right to accept or reject any membership
request.
The Internet Business Bureau, 3633 E. Inland Empire, Empire Towers Bldg. #
265, Ontario CA 91764. (909) 941-3411,  Fax (909) 941-3412. IBB 1995 All
rights reserved (c).

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: bc'd on list