Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1995)

Subject: Re: Spam Alert (IBB Invitation)
From: mcb @ postmodern . com (Michael C. Berch)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 16:45:23 +0000
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Dave Del Torto <postmaster @
 lsd .
 com> writes:
> Friends, Roamin's, Postmasters,
>
> List managers can getRegExp on "ibb.com" to weed this bogatudinaciously
> annoying "invitational bonus" spam and everything else from that domain out
> of their list mail.
>
> I guess NOW we need a "_Better_ Internet Business Bureau" to watch out for
> (l)users like these "IBB" guys, eh? For now, I say remove 'em
> indiscriminately from your domain until they learn.

I sent back a spam complaint to the site (postmaster @
 ibb .
 com) and to the
people who seem to be their service provider (per the headers --
winternet.net). When I did a "whois ibb.com" I found that the admin
contact for the domain was at Primenet, which is a good sign, since
Primenet is celebrated for not tolerating spammers as customers.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb @