Subject: KK/Magazine SPAM looks like some pyramide scheme
From: Matti Aarnio <mea @ utu . fi>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 16:14:10 +0300
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Hello,

	When looking at these Magazine SPAMs, they appear to have
	some field which says: "from where you heard of this ?",
	and has pre-entered name + code at them.

	I have started to suspect that the original perpetrator has
	hidden behind a slew of fooled (..to spam) people, by
	claiming to give old customers some trinkets (or whatever)
	for every N new "customer" lured in.

	Up until recently I have been able to run a bunch of lists
	at my systems in a setup which is esentially a big alias
	expansion, without any intervening programs (like Majordomo)
	to auto-sensor the messages.  For my extreme sad, I have
	now had to install such auto-traps...

/Matti Aarnio <mea @
 utu .
 fi>

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: New manager's woes