Subject: Re: he's at it again (Approved99 @ aol . com)
From: Paul Graham <pjg @ urth . acsu . buffalo . edu>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 13:54:00 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

wrt AOL: since AOL has a listserv one should be able to assume they have
been notified of all the recent spams mentioned on this list.  i have no
idea who knows what at AOL but at least some folks are notified quite early
in the process.

just so you know listserv is a trademark of l-soft.

 stonewall .
 demon .
 co .
 uk>:
Thinking about this some more, how desireable would it be for people
to receive an automatic abuse notice as soon as a spam hits a list? If
every list did it, I guess it would be a nightmare for service
providers; while it might give some of them an idea of the extent of
the problem that their subscribers are causing, I don't think, for
example, AOL are exactly in the dark about the problem, and flooding
them completely would seem inappropriate.
--
 paul
     pjg @