Subject: Re: AOL Account
From: garyb @ outlawnet . com (Gary Bickford)
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 12:37:51 -0700
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

It just dawned on me that (while we already had an internet account, in
fact several), we actually installed AOL and started to go through the one
month trial process, but stopped at the point where it required our credit
card number.  We don't do that.  So we never got to see the virtues of AOL.

This points out the dilemma that AOL has.  They're trying to make it easy
for us, legitimate prospective customers, and at the same time make it hard
(or better, painful) for bogus folks.  Same reason Sears has store security
in plain clothes.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Kev again