Subject: Re: List-Managers-Digest V5 #96
From: Todd Day <today @ di . com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 12:51:46 -0700
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

>I helped my mother
>sign up with AOL earlier this year, and they most definitely DO require
>a verified credit card as part of the signup procedure, before you can
>start using it free of charge. In fact, the credit card checking is so
>stringent that she almost signed up with CompuServe instead -- AOL
>rejected her first card.

Hmmmm...  from what I've heard and read (and even maybe read on this
list) was that AOL's CC verification doesn't *really* verify the card
for a period up to 24 hours after the account is created.  If I'm
uninformed about this, I apologize to AOL.

-todd-

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: AOL Account