Subject: Re: AOL Account
From: Oliver Garfield <oliver @ panix . com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 22:18:21 -0400 (EDT)
To: Gary Bickford <garyb @ outlawnet . com>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I signed onto AOL for a while over a year ago and after peeking into a
few chat rooms found little else of interst. I then proceeded to try to
remove myself and found this remarkably difficult to do. Then I got a
bill for several extra months undesired service and had a big hassle with
them in which they agree to split the difference, as a result I am not
tempted to deal with them again.
Pipeline attracted my atttention early on but their browser at first was
filled with bugs and I ask them to remove me from their system which they
did quickly and graciously. Sometime later I was reinvited to try them
out and they had vastly improved their browser and capacity ot add on
your own software or other packages. So I use them now a one of several
useful services PANIX is one for its excellent fast e-mail scanning, and
webcom.com for its easy creation of mailing-lists and homepages
and its extremely low megabyte rate (2.95) per 100megabytes of transmission..
	I introduce these comments simply to point out the variety of
sources other than AOL which is obviously for rank beginners on the Internet.
*Oliver Garfield			email: oliver @
 panix .
 com       *
*World Health Foundation		phone: 212-877-4230           *
*125 Riverside Drive						      *
*New York, NY 10024						      *