Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: New list member needs *big-time* help!!!!!
From: Oliver Garfield <oliver @ panix . com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 22:45:48 -0400 (EDT)
To: Steve Portigal <stevep @ rahul . net>
Cc: klong @ spiralnet . com, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I second your problems with getting unhappy users out of your hair. I
took over an educational list but the university cut it off very quickly
from its previous access. I used the same name but based in on a webcom list.
Then they started to blame me because every time they wrote to be removed
from the old list it bounced the messages back. Such threats and abuse
from a group of college professors!! I cleared  them off my list by hand
until they could no longer reach me  got bounced from my system
I finally had to send each one a message that they were creating their
own problem. If they didn't write no one would bounce them.
*Oliver Garfield			email: oliver @
 panix .
 com       *
*World Health Foundation		phone: 212-877-4230           *
*125 Riverside Drive						      *
*New York, NY 10024						      *