Subject: Re: Moving lists (was "...*big-time* help!")
From: Oliver Garfield <oliver @ panix . com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 00:43:45 -0400 (EDT)
To: Brock Rozen <brozen @ netvoyage . net>
Cc: Bill Silvert <bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I don't have a listserv available. Instead I use an exploder list
available at essentially the cost of the megabytes of transmission from
webcom.com (3.95 per 100 megabytes. I asked for and received the
addresses stripped of names in a file and ftp'd this to the webcom server
as a file associated with the list name. The list name can be quite large
and is  certainly not limited toeight characters. At 500 names the list
was too large to reenter. Only a few people ever requested that they be
removed. The major shortcoming is that I must remove or add new
subscribers by hand which I do periodically. If they start to get crabby
I just remove them

*Oliver Garfield			email: oliver @
 panix .
 com       *
*World Health Foundation		phone: 212-877-4230           *
*125 Riverside Drive						      *
*New York, NY 10024						      *