Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: New list member needs *big-time* help!!!!!
From: jcanterbury @ us . ibm . com
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 09:36:26 EDT
To: stevep @ rahul . net
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

>Brings up the topic of abusive subscribers. I get people freaking out
>at me with incredible anger, it's quite amazing. people who can't
>get off the list, or post their unsubs to the list (which gets them
>nowhere but (local culture) a cheese message in return), and then decide
>to put me in their filter file, send me hate mail, threaten me
>phsyically, threaten to abuse the list by forwarding digests back to the
>list (I took care of that), etc etc.
>
>Right now this netcom subscriber is sending me everything he gets, becau
>HE doesn't know how to get off and he's determined to "get" me. I have
>complained at LENGTH to abuse @
 netcom .
 com but no action has been taken.

I hate to ask an obvious question, but....

Is there some reason you can't manually unsubscribe the individual
yourself?  It seems to me that if you give him what he wants, he will
leave you alone.

Personally, I have all my subscribers do their own unsubscribes, even
though I can do it for them.  But, if a case like yours arose, I would
unsubscribe the individual in a hurry, just to eliminate the noise.

Jerry Canterbury, Buckeye Consulting
Internet: jcanterbury @
 us .
 ibm .
 com or jcanterb @
 worldweb .
 net
**** 1996 Cleveland Indians: They Rock the Major Leagues! ****

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Are we running AOL?