Subject: Re: Moving Lists
From: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 02:40:31 -0400
To: "Jason A. Dour" <jad @ bcc . louisville . edu>, List Managers LIST <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

At 7:03 AM  -0400 5/13/96, Jason A. Dour wrote:

> 	I'm getting ready to move five mailing lists, so this topic has
> been on my brain a little lately...  What I decided to do, to remove any
> dead addresses (even though my daily pruning removes most of them), was to
> write a simple VRFY program.

	Dunno if anyone has told you this yet or not, but as I recall,
there is already such a beast written in Perl.  It's called "vrfy"
(strangely enough ;-), and should be on any of the major Perl ftp
archive sites.

--
Brad Knowles,                                  MIME/PGP: brad @
 his .

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: AOL free accounts