Subject: Re: AOL free accounts
From: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 02:31:29 -0400
To: Jered Floyd <jered @ mit . edu>, Eric Thomas <ERIC @ VM . SE . LSOFT . COM>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 11:39 AM  -0400 5/10/96, Jered Floyd wrote:

>    And even if they were to sue Krazy Kevin, or a similar spammer, I
> don't think that other spammers would take note.  For them to take
> note, the lawsuit would have to be widely publicized so that potential
> spammers would be aware (not very good PR, I think), AND the
> potential spammers would have to be logical, intelligent, scrupulous
> people. Not likely.

	Okay, how about a class-action lawsuit.  That wouldn't require
any corporate involvement by any particular Internet-related entity,
and we could all charge Krazy Kevin or Sanford Wallace for the
thousands of dollars that they have cost us each in dealing with
their unsavory business practices.  Can you say "Garnishee wages
until the 25th Century"?  I knew you could....

		-Brad