Subject: Re: AOL free accounts
From: Oliver Garfield <oliver @ panix . com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 11:00:53 -0400 (EDT)
To: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>
Cc: Jered Floyd <jered @ mit . edu>, Eric Thomas <ERIC @ VM . SE . LSOFT . COM>, List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

What is all this loose talk about class action lawsuits and thousands of
dollars cost dealing with spamming? Lawsuits are never any fun unless
there is reasonable prospect of making money on them and I fail to see
how the spammers efforts cost thusands of dollars to the recipient. I
flick hundreds of messages off with my delete key every day.
	I repeat if spamming is such a problem and I may see one spam in
a thousand messages.. then the list should be moderated.
Oliver Garfield

*Oliver Garfield			email: oliver @
 panix .
 com       *
*World Health Foundation		phone: 212-877-4230           *
*125 Riverside Drive						      *
*New York, NY 10024						      *