Subject: Anti-Spamm advice for a new listmanager
From: Jeff Heinen <jeffh @ sparky . inherent . com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 08:47:17 -0700
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Greetings,

I as a realitivity new list manager and the listserver we run for one of
our largers clients has just been found by ( your friend and mine ), Krazy
Kevin.

We are running Majordomo1.93, ( With a few, home grown Virtual Host
modifications. ) And I was wondering if there were a few words of wisdom
from you wise ones here.

As a note, I would like to avoid setting restrict_post. We have list
members that use remailers ( Ie. Their mail is sent to one address, but
comes from another address. ) I am looking for a broader scheme that
will allow for a possible change. Which is why Im posting here and not
MD-users. :_)

If worse comes to worse, I will just add a procmail wrapper around the list,
but that will allow atleast one message throught each change.

Does anyone have a better idea? Or at least a head start on what I may do?

Thank You

-Jeff

Jeff Heinen                 jeffh @
 inherent .
 com
  System Administation & Network Operations

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Complaining About Spam, and Doing Something About It