Subject: Re: Sun User Group posting
From: Rick <rick @ sug . org>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 10:11:26 -0400 (EDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Cc: "Michael C. Berch" <mcb @ postmodern . com>, postmaster @ sug . org

Hello,

I would like to apologize to the members of the list-managers mailing
list.  It was inappropriate of me to have posted the information abour our
upcoming conference, SUG East, to your group, and for that I am sorry.

The description of your list says that it is an outgrowth of the "Mailing
Lists" workshop session at a USENIX System Administration Conference.  As
SUG's and USENIX's conferences are quite similar, I thought that the
members of your group would be interested in our conference.  In
retrospect, I realize that while many of the members here may be
interested, especially as one of our tracks is on Internet Communcation,
this was not an appropriate venue for such a posting.  I have removed your
group from our alias and will try to limit future postings here to topics
of specific interest to list managers.

Sincerely,

Rick Gilbert
Sun User Group