Subject: whose "public" lists are inreference archiving?
From: Chip Rosenthal <chip @ unicom . com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 12:51:31 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

InReference <http://www.reference.com/> claims that they will be
archiving "various public e-mail lists, accessible both thru this
web interface, as well as via e-mail".  Does anybody know what this
means?  Has anybody been contacted regarding having their lists
archived?  Or has somebody entered stealth subscriptions to a bunch
of lists for the purposes of archiving?

Disclaimer:  I work for a major net archive site ... but I'm wearing
my list manager hat here.

--
Chip Rosenthal * troff programmer * <chip @
 unicom .

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Complaining About Spam, and Doing Something About It