Subject: Field: taboo_body works well
From: "Dr.Tony Helman" <helmant @ ozemail . com . au>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 10:42:42 -1000
To: list-managers-digest @ GreatCircle . COM

I have been experimenting with the taboo_body field in the majordomo config
file. Although it is not found in all versions, when it is present it seems
to work quite well in filtering out nuisance messages.

I have set it up to bounce any message containing the words "RCPT",
"Returned" or "undeliverable", but there is no reason why it  could not
select out key phrases from Krazy Kevin's spams. As with other bounces, it
does not notify the sender of the bounce. The taboo_headers field offers
further refinement possibilities.

The syntax is to place each of the words you wish to filter on a new line
falling between the >>END and END tags, and in perl form, i.e. with / before
and after:

taboo_body    >>END
/1st word/
/2nd word/
END

Two questions:
* Have others found this useful or found holes in it?
* What are the common phrases or headers that come in email returns from
those on holidays?

Kind regards,

Dr.Tony Helman
<helmant @
 ozemail .
 com .
 au>

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Email and lists...