Subject: Re:
From: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 00:56:15 -0400
To: Paul Hoffman <paulh @ imc . org>, "Michael C. Berch" <mcb @ GreatCircle . COM>

At 8:58 PM  -0700 5/20/96, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> >Would this be an
> >issue by which the IMA could establish its credibility as a force
> >for good, Paul (Hoffman)?
>
> The IMC will most likely take a look at spam and what should be done about
> it from an industry standpoint. It hurts us as an industry, and is thus a
> topic that we should deal with. *When* we'll deal with it is another
> question, but I certainly hope soon.

	I've talked with the folks at the White House regarding the
things they do to detect threats by email, etc....  I know that we
(AOL) are very interested in effectively dealing with spam, junkmail,
mailbombs, etc... (from the persepctive of our users either
generating or receiving this kind of stuff), and I'm sure at least
our three groups can get together for some extended discussions.  I'm
certainly open to listening to anyone else who's interested in
participating in that kind of discussion.

--
Brad Knowles,                                  MIME/PGP: brad @
 his .