Subject: mailers appending complete replied text
From: rlcarr @ MIT . EDU
Date: Thu, 30 May 96 11:12:00 -0400
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I run a mailing list (sounds like the start of an AA meeting :-) which
has a growing number people who read their mail on PCs (as opposed to Unix
boxes).  I personally have no knowledge about PC and Mac mail reading and
sending programs.  One thing I have seen, to my consternation, is an increase
in the number of replies wherein the mail program has (fairly obviously)
automatically appended ALL of the original message to the reply.

Which mail programs do this, and what is the way to turn off this behavior,
so I can instruct people on my list to do so?  Thanks!

Rich Carreiro
ARPA: rlcarr @
 mit .
 edu
UUCP: ...!mit.edu!rlcarr
BITNET: rlcarr%mit .
 edu @
 mitvma .
 edu

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Mailing list hardware question