From: "Mark E. Taylor" <mtaylor @ interramp . com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 23:17:23 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Jason wrote:
>I've been waiting for this to happen, and now it has.  A user has asked me
>to remove all of her messages from the archives of one of my lists.
>Actually she was generous in saying that I could keep the more informative
>messages, but that I should delete the less useful ones.

I was under the impression that once you sent a message to be posted to a
list,  you lost the privacy and ownership of your thoughts in the same
manner one sends a letter to the editor of a newspaper.  Once a letter is
submitted and published, you cannot delete it from the archive because
later the person thought the remarks intemperate.  And since it is already
in an archive for public viewing, I think this person has lost any right to
remove postings at this point in time.  And considering how much you would
have to review, the task may not be possible.

Regards,
Mark Taylor

--
"Cartoon Law:  Cognizant Gravity
When a cartoon character, such as Willy E. Coyote, races off of a cliff in

Mark Taylor
Editor
Online Fraud Newsletter