Subject: Re: Reply from Compuserve
From: Eric Thomas <ERIC @ VM . SE . LSOFT . COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 18:52:52 +0200
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On   Wed,    7   Aug    1996   09:36:40    -0700   (PDT)    Brock   Rozen
<brozen @
 netvoyage .
 net> said:

>Your list is relatively small. I  have a list with over 7500 subscribers
>and delivery time can be hours.

7,500 subscribers  ought to take  2-10 minutes depending on  hardware and
connectivity, minus  the inevitable 1-2% of  subscribers with non-working
mail hosts. If you want I can  arrange for a demonstration. Do you have a
spare PC?

>Depending on  your particular  setup, your host  might process  the mail
>before sending it.

Yes but for 7,500 subscribers it would only take a few seconds on a P133.

  Eric

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Reply from Compuserve