Subject: Re: AOL offline
From: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 01:25:09 -0400
To: meo @ schoneal . com (Miles O'Neal), henrym @ sacto . mp . usbr . gov (Henry W. Miller)
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM, henrym @ sacto . mp . usbr . gov

At 12:19 AM -0400 8/8/96, Miles O'Neal wrote:

>That would explain the huge number of sendmails waiting
>to time out on my server, all related to mx.aol.com .
>Has anyone heard from our aol members?  It would be nice
>to know when they *really* expect to be back up.

	As the day progressed, the time when we were supposed to be back
up kept getting pushed back further and further.  When I left at 9:30
PM EDT 7 Aug 1996, we'd started accepting mail at the gateways, and
had dropped in a new utility to help us manage the million-plus
messages that had been queued for us during the preceding seventeen
hours, so that we'd get the best possible sustainable flow across the
gateways.

--
Brad Knowles,                                  MIME/PGP: brad @
 his .