Subject: Re: AOL offline
From: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 02:50:38 -0400
To: kieran @ interport . net, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 2:33 AM -0400 8/8/96, kieran @
 interport .
 net wrote:

>Anyway...whatever happened to AOL, it also brought down LISTSERV.AOL.COM
>as well. I'd always been under the impression that their listserv was
>wholly separate from the actual online service...is that not true? Or
>were all AOL.COM mail servers simply shut down as some sort of
>precaution, including the listserv?

	The whole network was inaccessible from the Internet.  This means
all MXes for aol.com, as well as the separate listserv.aol.com
machines.  This also includes gnn.com, since that's hosted at the
same site and takes advantage of the same dial-in network.

--
Brad Knowles,                                  MIME/PGP: brad @
 his .