Subject: Re: AOL offline
From: Brad Knowles <brad @ his . com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 02:48:33 -0400
To: "Henry W. Miller" <henrym @ sacto . mp . usbr . gov>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Cc: henrym @ sacto . mp . usbr . gov

At 11:26 PM -0400 8/7/96, Henry W. Miller wrote:
>	For those of you who have seen your mail queues back up, AOL is
>offline.  Channel 5 in San Francisco has a Web page with the story:
>
>http://www.kpix.com/news

	See also:

		<http://www.yahoo.com/headlines/960808/news/stories/aol_1.html>

	Please let me know what other (if any) references to this subject
you find online.  Preferably at a site that does *not* require user
registration (i.e., *not* the New York Times Online or Wall Street
Journal Online).  You can say a lot of bad things about Steve Case,
but at least he's got one thing right -- people really do just want
to be able to access the full system with one low monthly fee.  This
ala carte' BS is for the birds.

--
Brad Knowles,                                  MIME/PGP: brad @
 his .